Animation - Creativity Tools
· Duration 3 x 2.5 hour modules
· Skill Level Basic
· Sector Post-primary & Primary
· Target Audience All post primary and primary teachers
· Prerequisites Basic ICT skills. Participants should have experience of carrying out basic ICT tasks
(opening, editing, saving, closing files) and be proficient in using an Internet browser.
These creative apps can be used in all areas of education from Primary to Post Primary and can be incorporated into all subject areas to allow students to express themselves and also show their creativity using IT.
Module 1: Powtoon is an animation video software package that allows teachers to actively engage their students in their learning. Students can also have fun presenting their assignments.
- Fun to create
- Can be shared on YouTube and other social medias
The advantages of Toondoo:
- Easy to use
- Drag and drop
- Many clip arts to choose from
- Students can showcase their learning using comics
The advantages of Animoto:
- Creative way to teach fun and meaningful lessons
- Student-Teacher collaboration
- Easy to use
- Does not require much time to making short video clips
The above apps allow students to develop their ability to use digital technology, communication tools, and the internet creatively, innovatively and safely to support learning and participate effectively in online communities.
Venue: Clare Education Centre
Dates: 8th, 15th & 22nd November 2017
Time: 4.30pm – 7pm
Fee: €10.00 (Admin fee – non-refundable)
|Course date||08-11-2017 4:30 pm|
|End Date||22-11-2017 7:00 pm|
|Location||Clare Ed. Centre|