Creative Craft Skills, To Enhance Delivery of the Visual Arts Curriculum
PLEASE NOTE THAT A NON-REFUNDABLE BOOKING FEE OF €50 IS CHARGED FOR THIS COURSECourse Content:
• Drawing and Painting: Awareness of colour, tone, line, pattern and space. Exploration of materials, how to draw in 3D.
• Fabric and Fibre: Awareness of texture, shape, form and pattern. Highlighting opportunities for linkage and integration.
• Printmaking: Understanding of print techniques (relief, silk-screen, mono-printing).
• Clay and Construction: Learning about tools, materials and techniques using practical examples appropriate to different skill levels at the various stages of a children's creative development.
• Planning and designing craft based class projects. Exploring themes, materials and skills that support an integrated approach to the curriculum.
• Resources: Introduction to useful resources that are currently available or under development. by the Design & Crafts Council of Ireland, including, online gallery of living artists and craftspeople, video interviews with craftspeople talking about their work and catalogues from recent exhibitions.
Exploration of the CRAFTed Programme
It will also examine ideas for 'looking and responding aspects' of the visual arts curriculum through practical application. The area of understanding the impact of visual arts as a tool to develop and enhance children's learning will also be covered.
|Course date||03-07-2017 9:30 am|
|End Date||07-07-2017 2:00 pm|