Clare Education Centre is sending out an e-mail to schools to outline our approach to maintaining continued contact and to make clear to all Clare Education Centre service users what their data rights are with respect to knowing:
- a) what data Clare Education Centre collects on its service users;
- b) what Clare Education Centre does with user data; and
- c) how to obtain a census of what data Clare Education Centre holds on you as a service user.
- a) Clare Education Centre holds no information on its service users other than that which was given on school contact databases or participant contact forms (name, address, institution, title, e-mail address, participant role etc); that which service users voluntarily put on their Clare Education Centre website user account; information given to us on Expense Claims (expense details, bank paying-in details, and receipts); e-mails and correspondence; details of financial transactions made, for example course fee payments taken, and grants paid out to individuals or schools.
- b) This limited amount of data that Clare Education Centre holds is only used for the following purposes: for having an up-to-date list of schools, event bookings, attendance rolls, course and project participants; for sending out communications, and staying in touch with schools, tutors and account users; for keeping track of who has paid course fees, when, and how much has been paid; for compliance with the Department of Education & Skills’ requests for information and legally-binding accounting purposes (e.g. knowing to whom Clare Education Centre has paid grants and expenses, when, and how much has been paid); e-mail addresses and contacts necessary for administering and carrying out Clare Education Centre projects and centre business.