LÁMH - Sign language course November 2018, Module One (ONE DAY COURSE)
This course is for staff members and professionals who have started to work in an environment where Lámh is used and covers 100 Lámh signs and how to support a Lámh user.
Course Fee: €60 covers the full cost of course materials and resources.
No previous Lámh training required.
6.5 hours total
Venue: Clare Education Centre
Dates: Saturday, 10th November 2018
Time: 9.30am to 4pm
· Module One Lámh signs (100+)
· Alternative and augmentative communication (AAC)
· Lámh – brief history and development
· Lámh signing environment
By the end of this course, participants should be able to:
· Use the 100+ signs from the Module One Book
· Use Lámh as an effective communication tool
· Contribute to assessment or decision-making around Lámh use
· Participate effectively in an established Lámh environment.
Feedback from Module One Participants
'Very enjoyable comprehensive course'
'I liked hearing about experiences of using Lámh with other children with special needs'
o Combined Module One Handbook and Sign book
o Membership of Lámh Signs Online www.lamhsigns.org
o Module One Certificate
o Registration on the Lámh Module One database
Module One Certificate
This course is of most benefit to those who are using Lámh to support a Lámh user and their family currently, as they will have the opportunity to use the signs and skills acquired.
Course Recognised by
|Course date||10-11-2018 9:30 am|
|End Date||10-11-2018 4:00 pm|
|Number Hours||6.5 hours|
|Location||Clare Ed. Centre|