Suicide Prevention Gatekeeper Training for Schools
2 hours total
Venue: Clare Education Centre
Dates: Thursday, 6th December 2018
Time: 6pm to 8pm
QPR training is an internationally recognised research based, peer reviewed, heavily evaluated suicide prevention programme. This programme is now delivered worldwide by registered trainers with the QPR Institute in Spokane, Washington. Teachers and school personnel are ideally placed to identify students who may be going through a tough time. To support them initially and to refer them on for professional support and guidance.
As a QPR-trained Gatekeeper you will learn to:
- Recognize the warning signs of suicide
- Know how to offer hope
- Know how to get help and save a life
In addition we will provide additional information booklets and leaflets from the HSE covering the following;
- Self-Harm in Young People information booklet for teachers and parents (HSE/NOSP)
- Self-Harm & Young People an information booklet for parents& concerned adults (HSE/NOSP)
- Concerned about suicide? an information leaflet (HSE/NOSP)
- Would you know what to do if someone told you they were thinking of suicide? (HSE/NOSP)
- You Are Not Alone. Help and advice on coping with the death of someone close (HSE/NOSP)
- Little Things campaign
"This was simple and straight forward and I feel more confident now in dealing with a young person who is possibly in crisis - Thank you, this was well worth staying after school for"
"Excellent presentation, thank you for improving my knowledge of a very difficult area"
"Thank you, brilliant explanation. Really helpful"
"Many thanks, I would like to see parents and other community members experience QPR trainning."
QPR Gatekeeper Certificate for Schools
|Course date||06-12-2018 6:00 pm|
|End Date||06-12-2018 8:00 pm|