Accelerated Reader: Maximising your Resource
DATE: 11th December 2018
TIME: 4pm to 6pm
VENUE: Clare Education Centre
Accelerated Reader is used by children in almost 4,000 schools across the UK and Ireland. AR gives pupils significantly greater choice in levelled books and quizzes than any comparable reading programme.
This two hour course is open to those who already use or those considering installing Accelerated Reader in their school.
Scoil Chríost Rí is one of over 60 schools in County Clare using Accelerated Reader, but was one of the first in Ireland to implement the programme, in 2011. Conor Healy from Scoil Chríost Rí in Ennis will cover the below in this two hour session.
- Getting started - registering pupils creating groups.
- Administering STAR testing and interpreting results. ZPD (Zone of proximal Development), a comparison with YARC (York Assessment of Reading Comprehension) and DPRT (Drumcondra Primary Reading Test) here.
- Target setting for individual (using mini terms) and Target setting for groups using word count.
- Testing a book - live demo - would use a high low ie high interest low ability.
- Resources: Exploring FREE resources available through Accelerated Reader - Millionaires club, word count rewards.
- Ideas on structure of school Library + good sites to source books online.
|Course date||11-12-2018 4:00 pm|
|End Date||11-12-2018 6:00 pm|
|Speaker||Conor Healy, Scoil Chríost Rí, Cloughleigh|
|Number Hours||2 hours|
|Location||Clare Ed. Centre|