Creating a Mindful classroom
When little people are overwhelmed by big emotions, it is our job to share our calm, not to join their chaos-L.R. Knost.
Our feelings and emotions affect our behaviour. Every child comes into school with their own baggage of emotions. Within the classroom these influence how children interact with teachers and with each other, their ability to concentrate, attention span, communication, participation and performance. As the captain of your ship it is in your interest to get every child on board so they are enabled to be fully present to your instructions, to enable them to work in tandem with their mates so you can sail smoothly through the day.
This course will–
- Help you increase your awareness around mental health and wellbeing.
- Give you an introduction to the underlying reasons behind children’s behaviour.
- Gain an understanding of and deal with the emotions that are externalised as presenting behaviours.
- Practise skills that will enable you to support a child when they are experiencing big feelings.
- Adopt mindful practices to help children regulate their emotions.
- Create a mindful classroom that promotes mental health and wholesome learning.
BIO-I am a Play therapist and Psychotherapist working with children, adolescents and adults to provide emotional support, psychoeducation and promote mental health. I am also an educator working both in schools and in adult education.
|Course date||20-11-2018 7:00 pm|
|End Date||20-11-2018 9:00 pm|
|Location||Clare Ed. Centre|