CESI•CS - A community of practice for educators interested in teaching computing
Meetings for Spring 2019
DATE: Thursday, 28th February & Monday, 1st April 2019
TIME: 7pm to 9pm
VENUE: Clare Education Centre
Why should you attend?
These meetings will give you a chance to address personal needs, build relationships with other local stakeholders and discuss issues relating to the development & practice of computing in education. At meetings we will begin by catching up, then negotiating activities to collaborate on, and finally forming groups to work on those activities.
Activities in the meeting are to address YOUR needs in practice and might include:
- EVALUATING resources to contribute or curate the CompSci database,
- IMPROVING knowledge of a new programming language,
- EXPLORING data structures or queries,
- MAKING artefacts driven by micro-controllers,
- DISCUSSING student misconceptions about a particular curriculum topic,
- SHARING assessment techniques both formative & summative or
- DESIGNING a lesson and evaluate its effectiveness by joining in a lesson study group.
|Course date||28-02-2019 7:00 pm|
|End Date||01-04-2019 9:00 pm|
|Speaker||Richard Millwood - CESI CS facilitator|
|Number Hours||4 hours|
|Location||Clare Ed. Centre|