FREEWARE Supporting Learning Difficulties
Date: 11th March and 8th April 2019 (2 evenings)
Time: 7pm to 9pm
Venue: Educational Assistive Technology Centre, Main Building, BM-036, University of Limerick
This course is suitable for:
- Teachers and SNAs ONLY
The aim of this course is to demonstrate the use of free software applications (freeware) to support students with learning difficulties in their education. Attendees will receive training on strategies to support students across platforms and operating systems.
Participants will learn to utilise the main features of this software, including
- Text to speech
- Creating audio files & books
- Utilising Spell checking
- Intro to Voice Recognition
- Utilising Highlighters & Summaries
- Colour enhancements for visual stress
- Participants will need basic computer skills such as being able to open folders and programs; use Microsoft office; file documents’. Knowledge of specialist software or advanced skills is not needed.
- Participants should bring a USB key if they want to take a copy of the training notes and a trial version of the software.
- Participants can bring their own device if required, however all attendees will have access to a device with the latest software and apps.
|Course date||11-03-2019 7:00 pm|
|End Date||08-04-2019 9:00 pm|
|Speaker||University Of Limerick|
|Number Hours||2 hours|
|Location||Educational Assistive Technology Centre, University of Limerick|