Primary Friends for Life and Fun Friends Training 2023
NEPS is offering this FRIENDS training for Primary teachers. Both the FRIENDS for Life & FUN Friends programmes are covered in the following course:
What are the programmes about?
The FRIENDS programmes are evidence-based anxiety prevention and resilience building programmes, which consist of 10 to 12 sessions and complement the SPHE curriculum. The programme can be run by teachers as a whole class programme, or as a small group intervention. They aim to promote resilience in students by teaching strategies to cope with normal everyday challenges, including worry, stress, change and anxiety. More information can be found on: www.friendsresilience.org
Who should attend?
Class teachers, special education teachers, deputy principals and principals can all benefit from attending training.
Friends training hosted live via Zoom, over four webinars during the School Year 2022/23
- Session 1: Tuesday, 31st January 20223 (2.30pm – 5pm)
- Session 2: Tuesday, 21st February 2023 (2.30pm – 5pm)
- Session 3: Tuesday, 7th March 2023 (2.30pm – 5pm)
- Session 4: A date for Fun Friends will follow in the Summer term
Full attendance at all sessions is compulsory for certification purposes.
This year, the FRIENDS course is being offered to DEIS schools, with priority for schools which are new to DEIS. If you would like to apply for this course, please click on the online registration link below.
Following your expression of interest, all applications will be reviewed and the Education Centre will be in touch in due course to indicate if your teacher/s have been allocated place/s.
What are the Costs?
- There is no cost for training.
- After training, the cost of the Activity Book is currently €10. Each student must have their own, original Activity Book.
- The Facilitator Manual is between €12- €50 (depending on the book format: printed or PDF) which is available after training from FRIENDS Resilience. One Facilitator Manual must be available to the teacher delivering the programme.
How to order Books?
Only teachers registered as Certified Facilitators with FRIENDS Resilience can order books and access resources (posters, videos, links) for running the programmes in their classrooms. They order books through their online FRIENDS Resilience Hub (details of which they receive at training) and receive free resources following book purchase.